Sunday, August 23, 2015

How to insert signature to PDF? (Macbook user)

Hey, y'all.

Last June I was applying another job and this new job wants me to sign a PDF. Owning a Macbook Pro, there are a lot of limitations here and there but I am quite glad that the built in Preview application can be a viewer and an editor as well. So there's no need for me to install for another application that enables me to view and edit.

To edit a PDF, open it via Preview. There's a button beside the search bar. When you hover it, it says "Show Edit Toolbar". When you click it, there are few options that you can do.

The coolest thing I discovered is I don't need to scan my signature anymore and insert it as a picture. How?  Grab a pen and a white paper. Write your signature on that paper. Then, click on the Signature button under the Edit Toolbar. Follow the instruction (which is show your written signature above the line via the webcam). They will quickly scan for it and make a transparent signature in black which you can use in your documents. :D


I am not sure about the other application or other OS version (i'm using OS 10.9!), but this helps me a lot. I hope this post helps some of you guys as well. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment