Sunday, August 23, 2015

The Shore Malacca

Before puasa this year, I have a week off as I quit my last job and waiting to enter a new one. I took my chance to get to "the tallest building in Malacca", which is The Shore.

It is located near the River Cruise, Ocean and Putra Medical Centre. When I got there, I just want to look around and see what the stores are offering.

Sorry if the pictures are quite blur and unattractive. But I'll explain few things.


To get to this place it was quite confusing for me at first, because I use the entry behind the Putra Medical Centre. You know how Malacca streets are full of one-ways. Just look out for this building, since it's the tallest building in Malacca so you are sure able to see it.

The parking lot is actually shared with Swiss Garden Hotel and Residence building but there will be signs to help you which area are near with hotels and malls. It was free parking during my visit. 



Like I told you earlier, it's near the River Cruise, so that not-so-clear water is the river. That railway track beside the rivers supposed to be for monorail/aerorail but I am not quite sure the current progress since it was built when I was in school and there were a few breakdowns and halts previously. This picture was taken from the car parks. 

This board can be seen in the lifts. It's pretty much sums up of what this mall has to offer. I was actually looking for Sky Deck, but I am not able to see it. 


It was not a big mall, honestly. But it has a lot of branded stores. I'm not sure which kind of visitors they are targeting, but these are definitely not the type of stores you can do some savings. 

And tada! These are the main attractions of the Shore. Oceanarium and Sky Tower. Of course, you need to pay to enter and pay to take pictures. It was night and I was alone, so maybe next time I'll visit again.

I performed my Zuhur prayer here (the surau is at the car park) and I would strongly recommend to bring your own praying clothes or wear proper. The place can fit around 10-12 people prayers, I'd say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment