Sunday, August 23, 2015

Wong Solo

I am a fan of Ayam Penyet. Even if I am fasting rice, I would get a bit lenient when people offer me to go to Ayam Penyet. One of my favourite restaurant is Wong Solo. 

Before going deeper, Ayam Penyet is fried chicken that is smashed with meat tenderizer (that looks like hammer) or something else that can make it flattened. So the meat will be easier for those who prefers to eat with spoon and fork. It usually serves with few vegetables and bean curds and most important, spicy sambal!

Wong Solo has few branches and I went to Malacca, Bandar Tasik Permaisuri, Ampang, Shah Alam and Bangi. My favourite would be either in Bangi and Bandar Tasik Permaisuri and my least favourite is in Ampang because everything is more expensive and you need to pay RM1.50 for extra sambal.

If you are really lazy to check out the menu (like me), you can order one of 5 sets with price RM10.90 without GST. Ayam bakar, Ayam Penyet, Ayam Goreng (normal fried chicken), Empal Sapi (beef) and Pecel Lele (catfish penyet). All comes with rice (a good quality), fried bean curd, few vegetables, brinjal sambal and a small 250mL mineral water. If you're ordering either ayam penyet or pecel lele, you will be given another sambal. Another thing worth to mention is that you can request either chest or leg. Means, if you order leg, you will get whole drumstick and thigh. The size depends on your luck, they usually use a medium to small one. But either way it's still good!

If you are allergic, please take note that the brinjal sambal has belacan meanwhile the penyet sambal has no belacan. A lof of my friends (including me) would order extra penyet sambal because it's tooooo good to be true. The branches have similar spicy level so I guess all comes from their own chilli farm. 


Ayam Penyet set (without showing drink)

Ayam Bakar set (without showing drink)

I have few clearer pictures but unable to find it in my laptop. Now I feel hungry...

No comments:

Post a Comment